Urban Core was originally created by residents of Lower Roxbury and the South End, in Boston, along with organizers from the United Front Against Displacement. This newsletter was specifically created to keep residents informed about developments in the neighborhood and to connect ongoing struggles against gentrification. The purpose of this newsletter is to serve the people. In order for it to be a success we need your feedback, contributions, and even criticisms.
Since its founding Urban Core has circulated around the country, and it is now our national publication, featuring regular contributions from cities across the country. We also previously published a national newsletter called Dispatches Against Displacement.
The editorial board can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Articles in this issue:
- Columbia University Moves to Further Gentrify Harlem, Residents and Students Unite in Opposition
- Build Back Better: a Scam for the Rich!
- Blueprint and the Housing Preservation Trust: A “Public-to-Public” transfer?
- Update on the Struggle in San Francisco
- Residents at Grant Manor in Boston Rally for Elections, Against Gentrification
- The Rich Keep Getting Richer and the Poor Keep Getting Poorer
Dispatches Against Displacement Issues
Dispatches Against Displacement is the former national publication of the UFAD. It ran for two issues, January 2021 and Spring 2021.