The United Front Against Displacement is an anti-gentrification organization.
Get involved with the UFAD! Reach out to us:
Social media: @theufad
Dispatches Against Displacement is the national publication for the UFAD. We seek to make exposures on a local and a national level to help clarify different questions and issues in the movement against gentrification in order to help strengthen the movement as a whole.
- Sunnydale Residents Protesting SF Housing Authority in Opposition to the HOPE SF Plan*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*February 9, 2021Dale Smith510-815-9978 email@example.com On Saturday, February 13th at 12pm at 1815 Egbert Avenue, in front of the San Francisco Housing Authority headquarters, residents of the Sunnydale housing projects will be protesting to oppose the new development happening at Sunnydale. The SFHA, Mercy Housing, and Related California have been pushing through withContinue reading “Sunnydale Residents Protesting SF Housing Authority in Opposition to the HOPE SF Plan”
- The Fight Against Fred B. Craves at the Wood Street EncampmentBeginning of the conflict Residents at the West Oakland Wood Street homeless encampment have been embroiled in a land use dispute with San Francisco developer Fred B. Craves for almost 4 years. This particular conflict began on March 17, 2016 when Craves, a billionaire and head of Bay City Capital, purchased a plot of landContinue reading “The Fight Against Fred B. Craves at the Wood Street Encampment”
- Why is Game Changer Trying to Evict People from Wood Street?Download the PDF or read the text below: Who is Game Changer LLC? On March 17th 2016 Fred B. Craves (founder of Bay City Capital LLC, lead director with Madrigal Pharmaceuticals), a venture capitalist who specializes in pharmaceuticals and biotech investments, purchased a plot of land located between 2201 & 2701 Wood st in WestContinue reading “Why is Game Changer Trying to Evict People from Wood Street?”
- All Power to the People! A Rally in Solidarity with the West Oakland Community, August 1, 1pm @ West Oakland BartThe coronavirus pandemic and the recent uprisings against white supremacist police terror after the murder of George Floyd have rocked the U.S. and the world. With over 15.5 million confirmed COVID-19 cases and 650,000 deaths worldwide, and over 4 million cases and 140,000 deaths in the U.S. alone, it is clear that the pandemic willContinue reading “All Power to the People! A Rally in Solidarity with the West Oakland Community, August 1, 1pm @ West Oakland Bart”
- Oakland Police and Caltrans Continue to Harass Homeless People Despite Moratorium on Homeless SweepsThe California Department of Transportation (District 4), the Oakland Police Department, and the California Highway Patrol have continually harassed homeless people in Oakland. Over the last month, the West Oakland Wood Street Community, which consists of nearly 200 residents, has received threats of losing property and having their vehicles towed. The particular area in questionContinue reading “Oakland Police and Caltrans Continue to Harass Homeless People Despite Moratorium on Homeless Sweeps”
- Cal trans, OPD and CHP continue to harass West Oakland Homeless community
- Caltrans Eviction Indefinitely Postponed!!!We were just notified by the California Department of Transportation will not be coming to evict homeless West Oakland residents this week or next! We believe the ongoing uprisings in Oakland as well as our activism have played a role in this deferral. The community is not out of danger, Caltrans stated that they planContinue reading “Caltrans Eviction Indefinitely Postponed!!!”
- Caltrans moves to displace homeless people during a Pandemic
- Founding Statement & Points of UnityThe United Front Against Displacement was formed to fight the displacement & criminalization of working people. In this society, working people are made to live in many different levels of insecure housing and are subject to all manner of abuse at the hands of law enforcement and landlords. It is the poor that have toContinue reading “Founding Statement & Points of Unity”
Join the Struggle!
Get updates about ongoing work and ways to get involved!
- Join the mailing list to get updates about upcoming events
- Join the struggle against Gentrification and Criminalization
CONTACT THE UFAD:
Social media: @theufad